Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm about to buy a MacBook Air ...

... but before I do, any views on whether new models are imminent (I bought an iPad a few years ago, only to find a new model was announced less than a month later, which I would have waited for, even though they were more money)?

Thanks ...

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 12:17 AM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 9:55 AM in response to AdamBellC

If you wait for the next greatest thing to be available, you'll never buy anything.

Sometimes purchasing a product that is about to be discontinued has advantages. To cite one example, consider Apple's discontinuation of internal optical drives.

No one possessing knowledge regarding Apple's future products is permitted to discuss them, and speculation from others is 100% worthless.

If you want to save a few dollars purchase from Apple's Refurbished products page. That is the best way to realize the greatest return from your hardware investment.

Aug 27, 2015 10:04 AM in response to AdamBellC

Apple is not in the habit of disclosing plans for future releases ahead of time. so no one could say whether or not there will be a new MacBook Air. Why would it matter anyway? Its unlikely there will be any major difference between the current MacBook Air and any possible new MacBook Air.

We do know September is there usual time of year for new releases for things like iPads and iPhone. You can wait a couple weeks for the keynote and see if anything is mentioned or just buy it now.

Also note, that the last revision/release was in March. So its not very likely a new revision will occur so soon. They've stuck to a single revision/release per year since 2009.

I'm about to buy a MacBook Air ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.