Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Streaming movies from time capsule to apple tv

Just got my 2tb time capsule. Bought it because Im maxed out of storage on my computer, so I need to free up space. Movies are pretty much what is taking up all of the space. How can I have my apple tv read the movies from my time capsule? I copied my iTunes library as a media folder to the capsule. Do I just go into iTunes now and delete all the movies to start freeing up space? My main goal here is to have Apple tv stream movies from the time capsule, and free up space on my computer. How do I properly do this?

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 7:43 PM

1 reply

Aug 27, 2015 4:59 AM in response to MrskcB

Putting your library onto the time capsule is the correct way to do this, of course you'll then need to tell iTunes where your library is. (iTunes Preferences > Advanced > iTunes Media folder location)

I wouldn't start deleting anything just yet, having your library on a network drive isn't an ideal solution, it would be better on an external drive, however try it for a while and see.

Streaming movies from time capsule to apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.