Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't transfer songs from itunes to my iPod

I'm trying to move songs from my itunes library to my ipod. Only it says that it can't because itunes match is enabled on my ipod. I've never subscribed to itunes match and it says that in my iPod's settings. What should I do?

iPod touch, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 26, 2015 10:34 PM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 7:19 AM in response to pdxhockeyfan

Hello pdxhockeyfan,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that you're trying to manually manage the content on your iPod touch, but you cannot do it as you're getting an error. Could the error instead be stating that you have iCloud Music Library enabled? If it is enabled on your iPod touch then you will not be able to manually manage the music through iTunes.

If you're a member of Apple Music or have an iTunes Match subscription, you have iCloud Music Library turned on. When you have iCloud Music Library turned on, you can't manually manage music. You can still manage videos using the steps below.

Move content from iTunes on your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

Can't transfer songs from itunes to my iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.