Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tracks playing twice on top of each other

I have the strangest problem with iTunes. Until recently the player has worked perfectly. Suddenly when I play a music track now, the music will start and then a couple of seconds later it starts again, playing over the first instance of the track playing. i.e. I have 2 instances of the same track playing at once, with a delay of a couple of seconds between the 2. If I navigate to my music folder outside of iTunes and play the track, it plays perfectly.

I have deleted the iTunes app from the computer and downloaded an older version but it still the same, so there must be a problem on my Mac.

Can anyone give me some advice as to stop 2 instances of the same track playing at once? I am running iTunes 12.2.2.25 on a Mac OS X Yosemite Ver. 10.10.5.

Many thanks in advance.

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 1:27 AM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 7:48 PM in response to chrispo

I've finally solved this problem after it bugged me for weeks.

I made the mini player visible via Window-Switch to mini player.

I started to play around with the tabs in it and when I clicked on the blue eject tab in the bottom right hand corner, the drop down box showed that I had multiple playback selected with 3 different playbacks, so I unselected 2 of them and voila, all fixed. I hope this helps someone else, as I'd spent days doing involved stuff like removing hidden plists and trying to find help online.

tracks playing twice on top of each other

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.