Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPhone 6 and disabled from Find my iPhone

My iphone 6 was stolen on Sunday July 19. I enabled Find my iPhone the following day as was able to locate it before it went off line. However, after one month, I got a fake Find my iPhone alert and my account was hacked into and discovered that I can no longer see my device on the Find my iPhone portal. iCloud has been disabled from my stolen iPhone 6.

How can I remotely enable iCloud on the device/ Find my iPhone? I have my serial number and IMEI

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 6:13 AM

You don't.

When you gave them your Apple ID and password by not following basic security precautions (not clicking links in email), you allowed them to wipe the device.

I suggest you change your Apple ID password and keep an eye on your credit card info.

You can't track devices using imei or serial number.

5 replies

Aug 27, 2015 7:41 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

Hi,

Your statement "When you gave them your Apple ID and password by not following basic security precautions (not clicking links in email)" is not helpful .

I know about basic internet security precautions and I did not intentionally click any link. The mail looked so much like the mail I got from Find my iPhone. I click view to know the location of my iPhone, unknowing to me, probably they had a virus or something that sent them my password via key loggers.

Anyway. I believe I will get my iPhone 6 back. I believe my MNO can assist with my IMEI number.

I will feed you back when I do. 🙂

Aug 28, 2015 8:15 AM in response to KiltedTim

Hi again,

Just so you know that your comment is very helpful because I got the fake Find my iPhone email again today. (the thief/ fraudster wants my password again because I have changed it)

This time around, I quickly deleted without clicking any link.

Thank you! and Apple, thank you for this community. It is helpful 🙂

Stolen iPhone 6 and disabled from Find my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.