Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers asking to re-open the app again and again and never opening

Today, I pressed on the numbers icon in the dashboard. Then, it asked me to re-open the app again. I re-opened the app again and it asked me the same thing " re-open ."

So I uninstalled the app to see if the problem will be fixed. I opened the Mac AppStore and searched for Numbers app. Then I found that I need to pay $9.99.

I already know that if you have a paid app and installed it again it will be for free.

Now my question:

1. How to solve the re-open problem of the app? So I can solve it if it encounter me again in future.

2. Why is installing numbers again with $9.99? As it is usually free if you have the app already.

And thanks...

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 8:49 AM

Hey Muaath,
I understand that you are experiencing an issue with Numbers on your Mac. I know that you are in the process of troubleshooting it by deleting the app an downloading it again, but it is asking for you to purchase it again. That may be fixed by going to the Purchases tab in the Mac App Store. Take a look at the quoted section below to get it sorted out.
Download past purchases from iTunes
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272

From the Mac App Store

1. Open the Mac App Store.
  2. From the top of the window, click Purchases. Your purchased apps will appear.
    User uploaded file
  3. Scroll to find the app you want to download.
  4. Click Install or Download to the right of the item you want to download. Your app downloads to your computer.

Let me know if this works or if you are still not able to download Numbers again.
Have a good day

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2015 8:49 AM in response to muaath asali

Hey Muaath,
I understand that you are experiencing an issue with Numbers on your Mac. I know that you are in the process of troubleshooting it by deleting the app an downloading it again, but it is asking for you to purchase it again. That may be fixed by going to the Purchases tab in the Mac App Store. Take a look at the quoted section below to get it sorted out.
Download past purchases from iTunes
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272

From the Mac App Store

1. Open the Mac App Store.
  2. From the top of the window, click Purchases. Your purchased apps will appear.
    User uploaded file
  3. Scroll to find the app you want to download.
  4. Click Install or Download to the right of the item you want to download. Your app downloads to your computer.

Let me know if this works or if you are still not able to download Numbers again.
Have a good day

Aug 28, 2015 9:08 AM in response to muaath asali

If you've been able to launch Numbers successfully in the past, and it's only now exhibiting problems, then it may be trying to open a document that somehow became corrupted. So assuming you've already tried shutting down and restarting your Mac, you could also try holding down the shift key when you double-click the Numbers icon to launch the app. This will prevent it from trying to open a corrupted document. Sometimes I've found I can get Numbers working again that way, and even open the document again from within Numbers via File > Open.

SG

Numbers asking to re-open the app again and again and never opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.