Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

would a USB cable from a handheld scanner work with macbook air

I would like to purchase a handheld scanner from Mediatech, but would like to know if the USB cable would work with my Macbook Air laptop.

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 7:25 AM

To say 100% for certain you would have to supply more details about the exact kind of USB fitting at the ends and your exact computer model. Without this I would say you are 95% certain of it working.

4 replies

Aug 27, 2015 7:34 AM in response to Limnos

Limnos

Thank you very much for replying.

My laptop is Macbook Air 13inch Mid 2013. The product I am wanting is a Mediatech MT4093 Mobile Handheld Dockument Scanner with a Docking Station.

I do not know if there is any difference in the type of USB fitting on the scanner, but my laptop is the normal type of USB port.

I hope this helps you answer my query.

Thank You

Ian

Aug 27, 2015 8:25 AM in response to iankaty

http://www.media-tech.eu/products/cameras/MT4093

says it is USB2 so there should be no problems there. The device itself uses a microUSB connector. It does not say if it comes with a cable though most things do (but apparently printer companies have stopped supplying them). If it does not a male-male micro USB to standard USB cable is pretty easy to purchase.

would a USB cable from a handheld scanner work with macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.