Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LPX - Alchemy stuck in refreshing library since content downloaded

Hi all,

Can anyone help, I was using the new Alchemy VST in Logic pro x (No problem) and I then downloaded all the new content for it (Approx 15GB) which all installed well. I can see the new lists but can't access the new presets as it's been stuck in refreshing library for the last 1-2 hours. Is it due to the size of the library, or just not working, has anyone else experienced this issue? I would be most grateful if can anyone help or advise? Thank you 🙂User uploaded file

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 5:30 AM

Same happened to me last night. Got stuck with a message saying 5 seconds remaining.

I eventually shut the Mac down.

When I fired up Logic this morning...after a few moments it proceeded to validate and subsequently install all the data. (Thankfully respecting the symbolic link I had set up to move L:ogic content to an external drive.

Hope this helps.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2015 5:30 AM in response to sean-g11

Same happened to me last night. Got stuck with a message saying 5 seconds remaining.

I eventually shut the Mac down.

When I fired up Logic this morning...after a few moments it proceeded to validate and subsequently install all the data. (Thankfully respecting the symbolic link I had set up to move L:ogic content to an external drive.

Hope this helps.

Aug 27, 2015 1:07 PM in response to sean-g11

I tried forcing a rescan, getting the warning about another instance of the scan running, which I ignored. Problem was, even though it looked like it finished the scan, it seemed to lock up Logic when I saved the file I was working on (fortunately after the actual save), and then Logic wouldn't restart. Fortunately, rebooting the whole computer worked, and now the scan is complete.

Alchemy sounds awesome, BTW. I did a little eight-bar arpeggiation in three minutes on my lunch break, and there might be an actual tune in the offing when I get home tonight.

Aug 29, 2015 5:33 AM in response to sean-g11

I had the exact same thing. I waited and waited...... just sat there...

I'll tell you what worked for me... I can't guarantee it will work for you.

So, up under the "File" window drop down menu was an option to "Refresh Library".

I selected that and a warning came up that "Refresh already in progress", so I held off for a while and waited some more.....

Then I got heroic and figured I would go for it anyway !

So, I did and a new "Refresh" started and in about 20-30 seconds it completed and that was that.

Good Luck

LPX - Alchemy stuck in refreshing library since content downloaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.