You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New photos not syncing with iPhone or iPad

For some reason, new photos are not syncing with the iPhone or iPad. No photos since July 25 appear. I note also that photos "in the last month" contain photos older than a month on the iDevices when compared with Photos on the mac. I could not find this issue on this forum. Is there a way to correct this? "Photos in the last month" is selected in iTunes for both devices and I am not using iCloud for photos.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 5:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2015 2:44 PM

After many attempts to remove these photos failed (complete reinstall from a backup, turning of photo sharing, turning off photos sharing in iTunes, turning off iCloud...) I found this article:

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/how-to/how-to-fix-iphone-camera-roll-crash-and-phot os-turned-to-other-in-itunes/

The huge "Other" no longer existed after the reinstalls (I did 3) but in the usage indicator in iTunes at the said that I had 31, 546 photos taking up 50.2 MB. (they did look a bit low resolution))User uploaded file

I used iBrowse to delete the files mentioned in the link above, restarted my phone and everything is working as it should.

Had spent an hour+ on the phone with Apple level 2 support and they were stumped so I thought I should share this.

Paul

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 6, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Paul Kleeberg

After many attempts to remove these photos failed (complete reinstall from a backup, turning of photo sharing, turning off photos sharing in iTunes, turning off iCloud...) I found this article:

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/how-to/how-to-fix-iphone-camera-roll-crash-and-phot os-turned-to-other-in-itunes/

The huge "Other" no longer existed after the reinstalls (I did 3) but in the usage indicator in iTunes at the said that I had 31, 546 photos taking up 50.2 MB. (they did look a bit low resolution))User uploaded file

I used iBrowse to delete the files mentioned in the link above, restarted my phone and everything is working as it should.

Had spent an hour+ on the phone with Apple level 2 support and they were stumped so I thought I should share this.

Paul

New photos not syncing with iPhone or iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.