Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost photos after import

i uploaded 60 photos into iphoto 11 and deleted the originals as they were successfully uploaded (so it said). now i cant find them in iphoto or anywhere elase. any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 6:52 AM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 9:02 AM in response to NickOtime

1 - I will request tha your post be move to the iPhoto for Mac forum as that is the best place for iPhoto questions

2 - with no details one can only make guesses - are they in last import? Did thee system crash after the import? What version of iPhoto (there are multiple version of iPhoto '11 from 9.0.0 to 9.6.1) and is OS X 10.75 as us state correct for your OS?

3 - for the future it is a bad idea to delete photos before you are sure they are imported and before they are backed up - you should never have any computer program delete them but after they are safe and at least one backup cycle has run then use the camera's format command to format and erase the card

LN

Aug 28, 2015 3:30 AM in response to LarryHN

Thank you for your reply LarryHN.

i rarely delete photos from the camera at upload for just this reason so this was a 'why did i do that'? moment.

there was no crash or upgrade at the time of import and the screen message said the import was successfully completed.

i have searched in Last Import and many other places but i am running out of ideas.

The iphoto programme is 11, 9.2 (626). I dont know if it matters but this mac is an osx 10.7. 5 Lion and used in the UK with the relevant systems.

Roger

Aug 28, 2015 8:51 AM in response to NickOtime

Try to backup your iPhoto library and then launch iPhoto while holding down the Option and Command Keys - repair permissions and then rebuild the database -

Hopefully this will help

also you might want to down load a media recovery program like FreahCrop's MediaRecover - it (and others) will scan the card to see what can be recovered with out a purchase - you have to purchase to actually recover the photos

LN

lost photos after import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.