Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I export photo album/camera roll form iPad to iMac

I have version 8.4.1 on my iPad and want to export the camera roll or albums to my iMac. iTunes only wants to upload to the iPad and Photo doesn't see the albums on the iPad, just all of the photos or an odd selection of folders like faces and so on. Will connecting the iPad to a PC loaded with iTunes allow me to import albums to the PC? Hope some one can help

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 5:56 AM

2 replies

Aug 27, 2015 6:58 AM in response to colinfrombeaumaris

iTunes has nothing at all to do with importing photos from the iPad to the Mac. You use iTunes the other way - to move photos from the Mac to the iPad.

I Assume that the reason that iPhoto does not see the albums that you created on the iPad (if that's where you created them) no photos exist in those albums. Albums created on the iPad from photos in the camera roll do not contain copies of the photos, but merely contain pointers to those photos. Therefore those photos that do not exist, cannot be seen by iPhoto. However, they should be in the camera roll and you can import those photos.

IF these albums that reside on your iPad were synced from another computer, they cannot be imported using iPhoto. You can use a third party app for that. I use this one. There are others in the App Store.

http://www.wirelesstransferapp.com/

Aug 27, 2015 3:52 PM in response to Demo

Thank you for your help.

The photos were taken on a digital camera then imported to my iPad. I edited the photos and deleted some so that camera roll has the photos I want to keep and photo stream has everything that I photographed. I have then created an album on my iPad with those photos and everything is fine there. However, I want to export or move the camera roll to my iMac and from there be able to acess my apple TV and view the photos on the big screen TV.

I still can't work out how to export the photos from camera roll on the iPad and import them to my iMac. I spent a lot of time editing the photos and whilst I still have them on my camera, I don't want to repeat all that again.

Thanks again, I hope you can help.

How can I export photo album/camera roll form iPad to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.