Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logic pro 8.0.2 is failing with new OS X yosemite

see forum comments that that's just the deal, etc. bad form

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2, to iMac OS X (8.1)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 8:58 AM

LP 8.0.2 is very old and so you shouldn't really expect it to work with newer OS X versions.... as it has long been unsupported... and End of Line'd....

It's also very old news................

See this User Tip for Compatibility information...

Latest OS X & Logic Pro Compatibility Information

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 10:02 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Thx for your quick response.

I'll take your point on how 'very old' 8.0.2 must be to various types -- I confess I've been lulled into changing nothing by this app performing everything I've needed/wanted it to, flawlessly, for however many years now -- until last week.

Given I need to fix this asap, is my next move to upgrade Logic Pro versions?, or back down to pre-Yosemite somehow? I gotta fix the problem.

thank you.

Aug 27, 2015 12:51 PM in response to wbradfordellis

Id roll back to your previous configuration....... using your backups.. or upgrade LPX.. Your choice.

Be aware, that the combo of LPX and Yosemite, places a greater load on your hardware so you may find performance losses after doing so.... which is why I suggested the roll back unless you have a strong need and reason to switch to Yosemite...

logic pro 8.0.2 is failing with new OS X yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.