Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1) Can a Quicktime video be used on an Abbey TV Station machines? 2) Is Quicktime the same as MP3? I'm preparing a video for a TV station in Bolivia and they said they use Abbey or MP3. I may have to give it to them in PPT. Can you pls help me?

I'm preparing a 4-min video to be used for TV. They said they use Abbey or MP3 format. Can Quicktime be used instead? Is Quicktime the same as using MP3? As you can see, I'm not literate in all this technical jargon. If you can help me, it would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Keynote file to Quicktime format

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 8:45 AM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 7:04 AM in response to AngelyLydia

They said they use Abbey or MP3 format.

MP3 is an audio format, not a video file format.

Can Quicktime be used instead?

If the client is prepared and capable of using it then yes.

Is Quicktime the same as using MP3?

No, MP3 is an audio distribution file format used for downloaded music, its not suitable as a master audio file format for delivery to a broadcaster.

You must ask for a copy of the broadcasters file format delivery specification. You also need to have a intelligent conversation with the producer from the TV station dealing with this work.

I'm not literate in all this technical jargon.

The onus is on you to deliver what ever the broadcaster requires, if your not capable of this, you must employ someone who can do this for you.

1) Can a Quicktime video be used on an Abbey TV Station machines? 2) Is Quicktime the same as MP3? I'm preparing a video for a TV station in Bolivia and they said they use Abbey or MP3. I may have to give it to them in PPT. Can you pls help me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.