Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies on a plane?

I am flying over seas on Saturday (12 hour flight)

I have downloaded some movies on my ipad

can I watch them on the plane? (no WiFi)...

iPad 2, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 10:39 AM

You should be able to - if they are rentals you may want to watch a few seconds whilst you still have internet access (some people have posted that they've needed to be online when first starting to watch rentals) ; after starting to watch a rental you have 24 hours if you are in the US, 48 hours elsewhere, before they expire.

If you turn Settings > Airplace Mode 'on' you should be able to check now that they play ok in the Videos app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2015 10:39 AM in response to biffyrose

You should be able to - if they are rentals you may want to watch a few seconds whilst you still have internet access (some people have posted that they've needed to be online when first starting to watch rentals) ; after starting to watch a rental you have 24 hours if you are in the US, 48 hours elsewhere, before they expire.

If you turn Settings > Airplace Mode 'on' you should be able to check now that they play ok in the Videos app.

Movies on a plane?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.