Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to give my iPad to my partner but I do not want to reset as I would loose sky go. Can I change the Apple ID to his .

I have an Apple Ipad 2. I want to give this to my partner but I do not want to loose sky go Thus I do not want to reset. Can I change the apple ID to his and will he then see his emails and messages rather than mine?

iPad 2, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 9:10 AM

1 reply

Aug 27, 2015 10:00 AM in response to kathrynfrombridgend

Apps are owned by the apple id. You may have 1, 2, or 3 apple ids per device.

To delete a device, you would go into you apple id profile. You could always add the device back.

Not sure why you would loose sky go:

"Watch must-see shows on your compatible mobile, tablet or laptop - all at no extra cost"

You would add sky go to the device however you add sky go to devices.

Seems you get it free because you have sky cable.

I'd think you could get it free on any of you devices.

See if you can try it on a friends device. Delete the access when done.

R

I want to give my iPad to my partner but I do not want to reset as I would loose sky go. Can I change the Apple ID to his .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.