Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted all the computers from my i tunes account and am trying to add the library back onto a new computer. We had 5 computers already so deleted those

We could not sync our i tunes library on a new computer and I looked and it said we had maxed out with 5 computers. I was advised to delete all of these and then add new ones back. How do I add new computers back for i tunes library

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2015 11:05 AM

Hello Joy52now,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that you deauthorized all of your computers that were associated with your Apple ID, and you would like to now authorize the computers you have. To authorize your computer for your Apple ID purchases, please follow the directions below.

How do I authorize a computer?

1. If you don't have iTunes on the computer you want to authorize, download and install the latest version.
  2. Open iTunes.
  3. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose Store > Authorize This Computer.
    If you are using iTunes in full-screen mode, hover your mouse at the top of your computer screen. The menu bar appears. Exit full-screen mode by pressing the Control, Command, and F keys on your keyboard.
    User uploaded file
    If you're using a Windows PC, and you don't see the menu bar, press the Control and B keys on your keyboard or follow these directions to show the menu bar. In earlier versions of iTunes, you can access this option from the Advanced menu.
  4. Enter your Apple ID and click Authorize.

If iTunes asks you to authorize your computer again, it won't use a new authorization. iTunes uses the same authorization for the same computer.

Authorize your computer in iTunes - Apple Support

Have a great weekend.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2015 11:05 AM in response to Joy52now

Hello Joy52now,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that you deauthorized all of your computers that were associated with your Apple ID, and you would like to now authorize the computers you have. To authorize your computer for your Apple ID purchases, please follow the directions below.

How do I authorize a computer?

1. If you don't have iTunes on the computer you want to authorize, download and install the latest version.
  2. Open iTunes.
  3. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose Store > Authorize This Computer.
    If you are using iTunes in full-screen mode, hover your mouse at the top of your computer screen. The menu bar appears. Exit full-screen mode by pressing the Control, Command, and F keys on your keyboard.
    User uploaded file
    If you're using a Windows PC, and you don't see the menu bar, press the Control and B keys on your keyboard or follow these directions to show the menu bar. In earlier versions of iTunes, you can access this option from the Advanced menu.
  4. Enter your Apple ID and click Authorize.

If iTunes asks you to authorize your computer again, it won't use a new authorization. iTunes uses the same authorization for the same computer.

Authorize your computer in iTunes - Apple Support

Have a great weekend.

I deleted all the computers from my i tunes account and am trying to add the library back onto a new computer. We had 5 computers already so deleted those

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.