Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Sorting order in "All Photos" after iCloud Photo Library

I Just (without much aggravation) got all my photos up and running using the iCloud Photo Library on my iPhone 6. When I go to "All photos" Album, the photos are not sorted by date. They are seemingly random. Is this because iCloud Photo Library adds them in a mostly random order? (You can see the photos come into the app when its first syncing, and they are indeed being synced in a somewhat non-linear manner. I'd really like my "All Photos" to be in the correct timeline as it should be.

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 9:40 AM

1 reply

Aug 27, 2015 9:48 AM in response to Frozo

All photos is ordered. It's just ordered by the date the photos were added, if you want to view photos in the order they were taken view by "Photos" instead.

You may not realise it now, but 'All photos' can be very useful. For example, if you import a photo taken in 2005 it can be difficult to find it in 'Photos', it's easy in 'All photos' since it's the last one there.

Random Sorting order in "All Photos" after iCloud Photo Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.