Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting torrent do not increase disk space

I removed one torrent download from my mac but it did not increase my disk space. The file was of 3gb and my free disk space remained as it is which was 45gb. I have already checked my download folder and trash bin, its not there. The only thing i did before deleting is that I transferred it to my iPhone in AV player app before deleting. Can some one help me in this.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 10:50 AM

1 reply

Aug 27, 2015 1:46 PM in response to gurpreetatwork

When Time Machine backs up a portable Mac, some of the free space will be used to make local snapshots, which are backup copies of recently deleted files. The space occupied by local snapshots is reported as available by the Finder, and should be considered as such. In the Storage display of System Information, local snapshots are shown as Backups. The snapshots are automatically deleted when they expire or when free space falls below a certain level. You ordinarily don't need to, and should not, delete local snapshots yourself.

Deleting torrent do not increase disk space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.