Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stand not holding display, out of warranty, looking for pricing

My 2013 iMac - now long out of warranty - recently lost the ability to hold the display in place on the stand. When I try to adjust the display, it always immediately droops back down into the low position. The stand can no longer support the display.

I know I'll almost certainly have to bring the thing into a store and pay if I want this fixed, but I was wondering if anybody else had had this repair and knows how much it might cost. Honestly, if it's too much money, I'll live with it. Though I'd rather not.

2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 9:57 AM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 10:45 AM in response to Lewis Kaminski

If your iMac is a 27" model, take it to your local Apple Store and they will likely fix it at no cost. There have been similar failures from some users however it does not appear to be wide spread. You can reference the following thread on these fourms... Design fault? 27" 2013 iMac stand just gave up! if you get any push back. Please remember to be polite, clear and persistent.

Stand not holding display, out of warranty, looking for pricing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.