Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making business presentation from my iPad

I want to present about a dozen photos, in sequence during a business presentation, using my iPad and not my Windows laptop. The photos are numbered 01 to 12 in the laptop folder, but iTunes loads them into the iPad in a totally different sequence. Now, I don't need to know why (answered in a different discussion) but how do I get them into the desired sequence?

iPad Air, MS Windows 7

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 2:23 PM

Do you have Keynote on your iPad ? If so just create a simple keynote presentation and load the photos in the order you want and use Keynote to make the presentation.

8 replies

Aug 28, 2015 2:45 AM in response to Mobile Blues

Duh! I'd never heard of Keynote. Now that I have, will I be able to grasp enough of it to use it by next Wednesday.

Apple does not seem to be educating the average Windows and Linux users on the utility of the iPad. Most of my acquaintances see it as a music and photos store, and not as a business tool. Until I asked the Apple Community, no one knew the answer to my question, and no one suggested Keynote.

thanks,

Peter

Aug 28, 2015 7:23 AM in response to w pfromtillicoultry

If you know MS-Powerpoint you know Keynote, as keynote is Apple's answer to Powerpoint. As for the use of the iPad in business. When I first starting using my iPad I continued to use my PC Laptop. However, over time I transitioned item by item over to the iPad. Now, I bet I haven't powered up my PC Laptop in almost a year. I have a iMac desktop and use it for things that are not conducive to a iPad tablet but because of iCloud and file sharing I have no need for a PC Laptop.

Give this Apple Keynote tutorial a quick run through and you should be up to speed in no time.

https://www.apple.com/support/ios/keynote/

Aug 28, 2015 10:05 AM in response to Mobile Blues

Thanks. Yes, I've found Keynote, and found it ideal. My frustration is: Why did I never hear of Keynote before? I agree that the iPad is gradually taking over my life - for example, it's easier to read in bed. However I have just too many applications on my PC to give it up; Quicken, Audacity, WordPro (remember that? 20 years old and still better than Word) to name but three.

Aug 28, 2015 2:27 PM in response to w pfromtillicoultry

If you haven't heard of Keynote then perhaps you also haven't heard of.....

Pages = MS-Word

Numbers = MS Excel

There are those that will say that now that MS Office is now available for iOS you should use it instead. From my perspective it took a little while to get used to how Apple's Pages, Numbers and Keynote worked but over time I got used to them and I have not found anything that MS Office could do that they could not do, at least not anything that I need.

Good Luck!

Making business presentation from my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.