Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wpad virus and search domain issues

I have AT&T uverse and when my iPad or iPhone get a wifi connection they configure the "Search Domain" to "gateway.pace.com" which also seems to give out "wpad.gateway.pace.com". This causes pop-up advertisements on my web pages that don't normally use pop-ups like drudgereport.com or google.com. If I force the DNS to google public 8.8.8.8 those advertisements tend go away.

I have tried and can't get my iPhone or iPad to forget the Search Domain of "gateway.pace.com", if I delete it, it just comes back immediately.

this virus also affects my windows 10 PCs or at least the ones that were allowed to automatically obtains a DNS are affected, those that were initially configured for the google DNS are fine.

How do I get rid of this?

How can I get the iPhone to stop over-writing my Search Domain with "gateway.pace.com" ?

How do I stop my iPad safari from using wpad.gateway.pace.com to configure itself ?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 12:23 PM

1 reply

wpad virus and search domain issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.