Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why genius does not create playlist with all the songs (i pod nano gen 7)?

iPod nano, Ipod nano 7Th

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 11:43 AM

Genius uses the file tags to work out if other users have played these files in a playlist.

If the file is tagged incorrectly or it does not match files that Apple knows about it cannot use these files.

Your genius data is synced from the iTunes computer, so you will need to correct any bad tags in iTunes & resync the iPod to see genius updates.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2015 11:43 AM in response to Jody 70

Genius uses the file tags to work out if other users have played these files in a playlist.

If the file is tagged incorrectly or it does not match files that Apple knows about it cannot use these files.

Your genius data is synced from the iTunes computer, so you will need to correct any bad tags in iTunes & resync the iPod to see genius updates.

Aug 27, 2015 11:59 AM in response to Drew Reece

Thank a lot, Drew Reece for your prompt reply!🙂

I checked the file tags of 'valid' songs with tags of 'invalid' songs (I looked on 'Informations' of each song), but differences do not appear.

My music files are purchased mostly in iTunes and Genius does not work even with those files😕

I have resync the iPod, but...😢

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.