Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm not with my Mac, can I use iMatch to access my playlists?

I travel a lot, and use my Air. When I was home on my Mac, I purchased and made big playlists that I need to access for business. I'm in Vermont with my Air and the Mac is in Florida. I just subscribed to iMatch. Is there any way I can get at these playlists without "signing up" on the computer that is across the country?

Thanks tons,

M.

MacBook, iMatch

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 8:58 PM

Greetings TravelAllYear,

I noticed your question had not been answered so I'll chime in and try to help. A user can only access iTunes Match after you have subscribed to the service and performed the initial upload of music tracks by associating your computer with iTunes Match. Assuming you have checked "iCloud Music Library" under Preferences>General, your other devices would be able to access iTunes Match. It appears you have just subscribed indicating that an upload of your music library has yet to be performed. Once this is complete, you could theoretically purchase a Mac Air for example and have full access to iTunes Match and all playlists without having the parent computer present. I hope this helps you out.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2015 8:58 PM in response to TravelAllYear

Greetings TravelAllYear,

I noticed your question had not been answered so I'll chime in and try to help. A user can only access iTunes Match after you have subscribed to the service and performed the initial upload of music tracks by associating your computer with iTunes Match. Assuming you have checked "iCloud Music Library" under Preferences>General, your other devices would be able to access iTunes Match. It appears you have just subscribed indicating that an upload of your music library has yet to be performed. Once this is complete, you could theoretically purchase a Mac Air for example and have full access to iTunes Match and all playlists without having the parent computer present. I hope this helps you out.

I'm not with my Mac, can I use iMatch to access my playlists?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.