Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Separate Alarm from Ringer Volume

I just switched from Android about a month ago. The one thing that is killing me about the phone, particularly the 6+, is the inability to set the Alarm clock at a static volume level. To me, this seems like a basic functionality of any alarm clock. I do not want to be woken by the same volume as my ringer nor do I want to receive calls at the same volume as the alarm that is waking me. It seems pretty archaic to have to fiddle with volumes before I goto sleep each night. I've looked all through forums and web posts only to find the same answer... The Ringer and Alarm volume will be inseparable forever... Ugh... Seems like it has not been addressed since the iphone 4.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2017 12:35 PM

Wow I don't like how how you get told straight away that Apple does not participate. Surely this has resulted in marriage problems worldwide with loud alarms but a need to still hear a call ringer tone. Pretty simple question I thought. Who wants to fiddle with settings every work night?

6 replies

Aug 27, 2015 12:09 PM in response to ryanfromhavertown

Hey Ryan!

There is an easy fix:

Go into settings > Sounds

under the ringer and alerts heading set the volume to your own personal preference.

then slide the "Change with Buttons" slider to the off position.

If done correctly the subtext will read:

"The volume of the ringer and alerts will not be affected by the volume buttons."

Once this is done you can independently set the volume of your phone sounds from the volume of your ringer

Hope this helps.

let me know if you have any other questions

-Sean

Aug 27, 2015 12:36 PM in response to seannov29

Yeah, I've seen that. But the alarm is still tied to the ringer. I want my call volume at say 80%, and my Alarm volume at like 30%. Every morning, no matter if my ringer is on vibrate, 100% or 1%, I would like my Alarm volume to be the same 30%. I'm not worried about other notifications or alerts in the middle of the night, just the Alarm volume to be constant.

Separate Alarm from Ringer Volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.