Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone and cant activate the phone

Bought a new iPhone 6 and started the phone with the simmare inserted. Choke langare and country and the phone started to 'think'. After less than a minute a massage appeared onsdag the screen:

"Activation failed

The activation can not be completed on this iPhone and it has to be switched out. Youtube can get more information in your closest Appel Store or from an authorized supplier."

Can I do anything myself or should I visit th PhoneHouseStore I bought it from yesterday or can I bring it to an Apple Store tomorrow?

Thanx in advance!

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2015 11:59 AM

Hi Lillnoah,

I understand you got a message, "activation can not be completed" when trying to activate your new iPhone.

Please check out this article for help with that message:

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

5 replies

Aug 30, 2015 1:26 PM in response to Nubz N.

Hi,

I spoke to the salesman I bought the phone from and he told me this is a buggar hes seen before. We could restart the phone with the Start + homebutton pessed at the same time for 20 seconds and start the activation again. It worked! So everything is as it should now.

Thankomst you anyway!

Best regards Lillnoah

New iPhone and cant activate the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.