Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Air Printers Found

My printer (Canon MG 6450), suddenly stopped printing with my iPad and iPhone, while works correctly with MacBook Pro and a Windows 7 laptop (all WiFi mode); no change in any configuration.

Hardware:

_Printer Canon MG6450 WiFi

_Mac Book Pro

_Laptop with Windows 7 Sp1

_Mac iPad Air 16 MBytes WiFi

_Iphone 5

_Tp Link TD-W8970 router/modem ADSL

all oh them at the last firmware update

Problem:

the printer works properly with Laptop and Mac Book.

the printer DOES NOT work with iPad and iPhone (both answer with “NO AirPrint printer found”)

Tried to switch off, on and in any sequence all the devices, no hope.

Tried to swap Tp Link with my old US Robotics, no hope.

The printer was correctly working with all the devices (included iPad and iPhone), since 3 weeks ago; no firmware/software/setup configuration made…

Does anybody can help me

Thanks

/renato

iPad Air, iOS 8.4.1, null

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 12:52 PM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 2:59 PM in response to Desperate_Renato

Hello Desperate_Renato,

I know that it can be annoying when your computers print to your printer but cannot print from your iOS devices using AirPrint. Let's see if we can get this sorted out.

I would start by taking a look at the troubleshooting below. I know that you have done some things so you won't need to redo them since not change has happened. Make sure that you have done everything and also look at the link for troubleshooting printing issues on your Mac as that will have some good information as well.

About AirPrint
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201311

If you can't print to your AirPrint printer

Check these things if you are unable to print, or if you see the message "No AirPrint Printers Found."

• On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, verify that your device is using the latest version of iOS available and that the app you're printing from is up to date.
  • On your Mac, use Software Update to update OS X and apps you've purchased from the Mac App Store.
  • Check with your printer's manufacturer to see if any firmware updates are available for your printer model.
  • You can connect an AirPrint device to your network either through bridging, or a direct connection to your Wi-Fi network.
  • AirPrint devices connected to the USB port of an Apple AirPort Base Station or AirPort Time Capsule don't use AirPrint. If your printer includes AirPrint, connect it directly to your Wi-Fi network or the Ethernet LAN port on your Base Station to print wirelessly.
  • After turning on your printer, wait a few moments before trying to print. Some printers might take a minute or two after powering up before joining your network.

If you've tried these steps but still can't print, you can also get help resolving printer issues on your Mac.

Take it easy

No Air Printers Found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.