Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text message forwarding code not stick after ALLOW

On iPh I get code to enter for Text Message Forwarding and hit ALLOW, then the slider button on iphone turns back off. It won't stay ON. I tried closing down and reopening -same thing.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 11:52 AM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2015 11:40 AM in response to Strgzr

Hello Strgzr,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that when you are setting up SMS forwarding on your iPhone, the toggle switch keeps switching off. First I suggest signing out of Messages on both of your devices that you're trying to set up. After signing out, please reset your network settings on the iPhone, and then sign back in to Messages and set up SMS forwarding.

1. Tap Settings > Messages.
  2. Tap Send & Receive.
  3. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If the issue persists after following these steps, please let me know.

Take care.

text message forwarding code not stick after ALLOW

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.