Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I keep itunes libraries separate when using itunes match and one itunes account?

my wife and I use the same iTunes account but have separate iCloud accounts. we also have separate computers with individual iTunes libraries.

how do we both use iTunes match and maintain our separate libraries while only keeping one iTunes account?

I already use iTunes match for my library. my wife has different taste in music and I have no interest in having them merged through iTunes match.

so how might I achieve two or more separate iTunes match libraries while only having one central iTunes account?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 11:25 AM

I don't understand how you can have separate Apple ID's but only one account for Match. It will always lead to issues if you try to have two people on one Apple ID. Both users will create files within the iCloud library so you will always see each others content.

The correct way to do this is to have unique Apple ID's & separate user accounts for each iTunes Library. You can still share music if you use Home sharing (pick one Apple ID for use in both accounts to use with Home sharing). Obviously you do need to pay for Match in each Apple ID. Look at the Family sharing plan to see if it is appropriate, it will need to use one credit/ debit card for purchases.

https://www.apple.com/icloud/family-sharing/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2015 11:25 AM in response to ShawnBrizleDizle

I don't understand how you can have separate Apple ID's but only one account for Match. It will always lead to issues if you try to have two people on one Apple ID. Both users will create files within the iCloud library so you will always see each others content.

The correct way to do this is to have unique Apple ID's & separate user accounts for each iTunes Library. You can still share music if you use Home sharing (pick one Apple ID for use in both accounts to use with Home sharing). Obviously you do need to pay for Match in each Apple ID. Look at the Family sharing plan to see if it is appropriate, it will need to use one credit/ debit card for purchases.

https://www.apple.com/icloud/family-sharing/

how do I keep itunes libraries separate when using itunes match and one itunes account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.