Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i remove icloud if ipad was bought at a charity auction?

I bout my iPad at a charity auction. I was able to contact the previous owner, but refuses to help

unlock. I bought the iPad for my sons birthday. If he refuses to help, how can I, at least, reset it

completely? Very, Very upset.

iPad Mini, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 11:32 AM

If the previous owner refuses to help, there is nothing that you can do. You will not be able to activate it, Apple will not help, and the device is useless. You might want to try contacting the previous owner back and just explaining that they don't have to do anything more than log into their iCloud account and remove the device from their account. Why would they not want to do that. There really isn't much else you can do. You cannot force them to cooperate, and without that cooperation, the device is worthless.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2015 11:32 AM in response to Eddie781978

If the previous owner refuses to help, there is nothing that you can do. You will not be able to activate it, Apple will not help, and the device is useless. You might want to try contacting the previous owner back and just explaining that they don't have to do anything more than log into their iCloud account and remove the device from their account. Why would they not want to do that. There really isn't much else you can do. You cannot force them to cooperate, and without that cooperation, the device is worthless.

How do i remove icloud if ipad was bought at a charity auction?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.