Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s: cannot text, cannot receive incoming calls, outgoing calls show up restricted

This problem began back in the spring when I was living in pennsylvania although my area code is from upstate NY. At the time I was in the process of moving back home so I was postponing the issue however immediately upon reentering the area my phone's functionality returned. The problem returned a few days ago when I moved out of the area again.

3G data works and so did iMessage and FaceTime until i logged out during troubleshooting. I can't receive or send texts. I can't receive incoming calls (they go straight to the voicemail box) and outgoing calls show up as restricted.

I have done immense trouble shooting (including updating roaming) but I have been unable to find anyone with even a remotely similar issue.

I visited a Verizon store the other day and they said that it must be a problem with the hardware in the phone and I enrolled in a replacement program. The replacement phone was delivered today and the same problems remain. So it must be the SIM card? The Verizon employee I spoke with the other day said my service settings looked find (both on the phone and on their system).

iPhone 4s (8GB), iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 1:48 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 4s: cannot text, cannot receive incoming calls, outgoing calls show up restricted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.