Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Apple watch sports band

my apple watch sport is brand new and i have this problem with the sport band look the picture User uploaded file

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 12:09 PM

5 replies

Aug 27, 2015 12:35 PM in response to Luisvaldes17

I'm not quite sure what you are highlighting in the photo as being abnormal. Perhaps it's the slightly different colors near the band's fastening point, but we don't know what types of chemicals or other reagents you have used on the band.

Anyway, check the "Care and Cleaning" section here. Note especially the last sentence there: "The leather bands are not water resistant."

Wearing Apple Watch - Apple Support

Aug 27, 2015 1:09 PM in response to Luisvaldes17

What appears to be thin coating on the fluoroelastomer band will wear off over time, resulting in a uniform appearance. You can accelerate that by wiping it with a lightly dampened cloth. Don't use any solvents.

Whatever that stuff is, it probably shouldn't be there, but it will not affect the band's eventual appearance or other characteristics. I don't know if Apple would consider it a defect, but it is common, and especially noticeable on the black band.

Jul 28, 2016 1:55 AM in response to wing cheungfromhong kong

If you are concerned that your band may have a manufacturing defect, contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available) or make a Genius Bar reservation with a view to having it checked (under warranty, if eligible):

If the band came with your watch, to check your warranty status (the serial number is on the back of your watch):

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

If the band was purchased as a separate accessory, it benefits from Apple's One Year Limited Warranty.

Problems with Apple watch sports band

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.