Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time required to upgrade from Snow Leopard 10.6.4 to 10.6.8

We are attempting to upgrade my mid 2009 macbook pro 13. The macbook was out of service for several years due to bad logic board. The logic board was recently replaced and we are now trying to upgrade the macbook. Started the upgrade approximately 7 hours prior to this post. Everything appeared to work as expected. Ran the update software got to the point where it needed to be rebooted. Went through shutdown and is currently still sitting at a splash screen. Looks like fireworks. Is this what we should have expected or do we need to restart process. 7 hours seems like a long time. Also note that we had to install a usb wifi card the airport card died. A local tech guy checked the macbook and provided the usb adapter. It appears to be operating properly. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 12:20 PM

How did you install 10.6.4?

An Ethernet connection is much faster and more reliable than wi-fi.

Ciao.

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 1:53 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

Thanks Ogelthorp,

I was going by what my daughter told me on the version. I found out that the installed version was 10.6.1. I believe it was the internet connection that was causing the issue. It appears that the usb wifi adapter wasn't retaining the network password even though it was set to. After connecting to a wired ethernet connection the install is processing normally. Thanks for your help.

Time required to upgrade from Snow Leopard 10.6.4 to 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.