Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped iPhone 6 plus in soapy water

i was washing my sons bottles when I heard my phone fall into the sink full of soap. I ran and got it out as quickly as it fell in, it was probably only in the water for less than 10 seconds. I hurried and got a bag of rice together in less than 2 minutes and took my case off, powered off the device, and threw it in the rice bag. I then realized i didn't try to shake any water out about 10 minutes later so I went back to my phone and took it out of the rice, shook it (no water came out) and put it back in the bag.

what do I do from here to make sure the phone works in the future?? how long to keep in the rice bag and what additional steps should I take with the phone??

thanks all!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 12:33 PM

The rice will take about a week to remove the water. Leave it in there at least that long.

After a week you can try powering it up. If it doesn't work take it to Apple and purchase and out of warranty replacement.

2 replies

Dropped iPhone 6 plus in soapy water

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.