Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook may be overheating?

So I recently got an early-2015 13' Macbook Air (It's rather new, and up-to-date with software), and I'm concerned that it's overheating. I'll run a game like Minecraft (Happens every time with that blocky game) or what not, and the upper left corner gets /extreeeemely/ hot. I downloaded a program TG Pro which increases the fan speeds, and tells me the temperature. Apparently the CPU reaches temperatures of 102 Celsius?

I'm a bit concerned that I'm damaging the computer by a lot.. Could this wreck the Macbook?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 1:21 PM

Could this wreck the Macbook?

No.

Gaming is especially resource-intensive, and it's normal for a Mac to become uncomfortably warm under extreme load. If it detects internal temperatures approaching their limits, it will reduce processor load automatically. If that fails to reduce temperature, a Mac will shut down on its own.

Don't use aftermarket modifications that interfere with the Mac's internal cooling system, and don't use cases, keyboard covers, or "skins". Modifying it in that manner could conceivably render its warranty invalid.

Read Mac notebooks: Operating temperature - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2015 1:21 PM in response to Suzzie2

Could this wreck the Macbook?

No.

Gaming is especially resource-intensive, and it's normal for a Mac to become uncomfortably warm under extreme load. If it detects internal temperatures approaching their limits, it will reduce processor load automatically. If that fails to reduce temperature, a Mac will shut down on its own.

Don't use aftermarket modifications that interfere with the Mac's internal cooling system, and don't use cases, keyboard covers, or "skins". Modifying it in that manner could conceivably render its warranty invalid.

Read Mac notebooks: Operating temperature - Apple Support.

My Macbook may be overheating?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.