Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't play any music on my iPad any more.

I can't play any music on my iPad any more. Every time I tap a song I am prompted for my Apple ID again. If I give up on one song and try another I am prompted to input my Apple ID again. It doesn't matter how many times I enter these details, every new attempt to play a song prompts the request. Moreover, the songs don't play. I joined Apple Music on my iPhone but I can' t access any of the features and services on my iPad. Is it an iPhone-only service

iPad Air, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 1:49 PM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 3:04 PM in response to rgh1066

Hello there, rgh1066.

It sounds like you're being repeatedly asked to sign into your iCloud account on your iPad device. The following Knowledge Base article provides some practical steps for troubleshooting:

If you're repeatedly asked to sign in to iCloud using two-step verification - Apple Support

To resolve this issue, sign out of iCloud, then sign back in:

1. Tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out.
  2. Enter your Apple ID and password to sign in again.

If the issue persists, you may want to also try signing out and back into the iTunes Store as well:

Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iTunes, iBooks, and App Store

1. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. If you see the option to Sign In, you can change your Apple ID now.
    User uploaded file
  3. Tap Sign Out.
  4. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  5. Enter your Apple ID and password, then tap Sign In.
    User uploaded file

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

I can't play any music on my iPad any more.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.