Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Impossible install windows 10 in imac 5k in boot camp assist.

imac 5k
The pen drive is ready and when after doing the bootcamp partition, the imac supposedly restarts with windows . It happens , but it appears a blue screen windows and the iMac back to start again from osx . How do I fix this? Already I tried several ways , since I'm in it to almost two months .

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 2:53 PM

27 replies

Aug 27, 2015 3:16 PM in response to Meskita96

Use BCA, remove your current Windows partition (since it is a new installation). Remove all external storage, except your pen drive. Run the following two steps

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063

Recreate your BC/Windows partition and try to re-install Windows.

Do not use any USB hubs and ensure that your pen drive is a USB2 not a USB3 flash disk.

Aug 27, 2015 6:57 PM in response to Meskita96

Are you not able to find the BOOTCAMP partition in the Windows Installer?

Can you post the output of the following OS X Terminal commands?

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

The "sudo" commands will prompt for your password, and it will not be echoed back. You may also see a warning about improper use of "sudo" and potential data loss due to "abuse" of the command.

Aug 27, 2015 7:12 PM in response to Loner T

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileAlready beginning to be furious with it. I go round and round and always come back to it. I can not even get the windows installer . The last thing I see is this picture of "setup is starting ... " ... Then after a while , appears another picture of "your PC ran into a problem and needs to remain. We're just collecting some error info , and them we'll restart for you ... " and then back to yosemite again.

Impossible install windows 10 in imac 5k in boot camp assist.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.