Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air 2011

Hello, i have a macbook air 2011 that has a battery percentage of 86%.

5642 out of 6700 mah. should i consider replacing it? will it improve my battery life by a noticeable amount?

this battery is four years old today. has 464 charge cycles. thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 2:13 PM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 2:40 PM in response to Gabrielbb96

If battery health is reported Normal, then I would not replace it. However, your question about how long the battery will last is; the computer will run for a longer period of time with a new battery. Life would be the same as stated in the original specs for that model, whatever that was. I believe the model you have has a battery with a nominal life of 1000 cycles. You aren't close to that yet. However, Apple states that the battery is warranted to reach 1000 cycles at or before battery health is 80%. If you wait and see perhaps you will get a new battery for free (I can't promise that, btw.)

Macbook air 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.