Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match and album covers

Why do some of my album covers on my Mac not transfer to my other devices using itunes Match?

iPad Air, iOS 8.1

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 12:45 PM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2015 5:45 AM in response to browbeaten

Howdy browbeaten,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that the album artwork from songs in iTunes on your Mac are not appearing in the Music app on your iOS device. To start with troubleshooting this issue, please follow the steps outlined below.

If songs or albums are missing artwork

If some songs or albums downloaded to an iOS device from your iCloud library are missing album artwork, follow the steps below:

1. Open iTunes. Make sure you have the latest version.
  2. Right-click or Control-click on the album missing the artwork and choose Get Album Artwork from the pop-up menu.
  3. Once iTunes has completed processing the album artwork, update iCloud Music Library. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library.
  4. After iCloud Music Library has finished updating, launch the Music app on your iOS device.
  5. Locate the songs that are missing artwork, and delete them from your device.
  6. After you've deleted the song, download the item again from your iCloud library by tapping on the download User uploaded file icon to the right of the song.

Resolve issues with iTunes Match - Apple Support

Take care.

iTunes Match and album covers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.