Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to add a computer to my list of authorized computers. How do I do this?

I want to add an iPad to my list of authorized computers to my desktop computer so I can sync it. How do I do this?

OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 1:07 PM

4 replies

Aug 27, 2015 10:10 PM in response to Kappy

Actually, my problem was that I wanted to wi-fi sync my mini iPad with my desktop computer and when attempting to do so I recieved the message on my mini iPad that I could not sync my mini iPad until my computer was "available". The name given for the computer was not my primary desktop computer, but the name of my laptop computer, which was turned off. I want to sync my mini iPad to my main desktop computer, but nether the mini iPad or the desktop computer recognized each other. I restarted my desktop computer, my mini-iPad and my Apple Express router in an attempt to correct the problem I was having. I still could not do a wi-fi sync with the mini-computer, but I could do a sync when I connected the mini-iPad to the desktop computer with a USB connector cord. I would like to be able to do a wi-fi sync. Any suggestions how to accomplish this? Thanks.

I want to add a computer to my list of authorized computers. How do I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.