Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid Gift Card

I recently bought a 25$ iTunes gift card, but it seems to either be invalid, or there's an issue with the latest OS as of 08/24/15. When I went to buy the gift card, it didn't seem to be bootlegged, or reused, I had just biught it one hour prior to my issue. When I redeemed the code, it gave me the scanning animation and the option to redeem another card, but it didn't add to my balance, which was at the time 3.62 USD. I checked back in on my account two days later, but upon seeing no change in my balance, I decided to give rescanning the card another try. Unfortunately, this didn't work out, and the scanning animation didn't happen, and I'm sure this card wasn't reused, used, or bootlegged. My question; is there an issue with the latest OS regarding card redemption? Or does a card require updated credit card information for it to add to the balance? If I'm not mistaken, you need a credit card to make an account, but not to redeem gift codes. A support email, a word of advice, and heck, even if you want, another code would be greately appreciated.

iPad Air, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 1:56 PM

4 replies

Aug 28, 2015 12:05 AM in response to Alex_Woo

You don't need a credit card to create an account, nor have one on your account to redeem a gift card.

Since redeeming the card you've tried logging out (Store > Sign Out menu option on a computer's iTunes, tap on your id in Settings > iTunes & App Store on your iPad) and back into your account to see if your balance updates ? And if you try to manually enter the card's code what message do you get e.g. that it's already been redeemed, that the code is invalid, card isn't activated, ... ?

(For info you're talking to fellow users here on these forums, not iTunes Support nor Apple.)

Aug 28, 2015 5:21 AM in response to King_Penguin

I'm aware of whom I'm asking, yes. I was only curious as to whether or not there was a similar problem that anyone had experienced. To answer your question, no, relogging didn't help, and the error message that is received when I try reentering the code is that it's already been redeemed. Another thing I noticed was that when I was redeeming the card, the remaining credit in my balance didn't actually show in on my account at the bottom of the Featured page on the iOS App Store. I come to realize this could be a possibility, but unlikely.

Invalid Gift Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.