Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freezing or AMD Radeon R9 M370X problems?

Just got a Macbook Pro 15" w/ the AMD Radeon R9 M370X about 17 days ago.

The past few days it has been behaving oddly when I am doing anything "graphics heavy" like playing a game while looking for something in a search engine.

It will freeze, forcing me to restart it, or blank/flash repeatedly.

Is this a problem that others are having? Is it the graphics card?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 3:09 PM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 3:12 PM in response to Spiderfrass

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Aug 27, 2015 3:24 PM in response to Spiderfrass

Take advantage of your warranty and make an appointment at the Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar and take it in for service. If you are not in the USA or cannot set up an appointment this way, then contact your local Apple Store directly.

Although you are beyond the 14 day from date of purchase window to ask for a replacement, I would still take it in and talk nicely to the store manager about simply exchanging yours for another.

Sep 3, 2015 3:12 PM in response to Spiderfrass

So, an update on this issue....

I exchanged my computer for another, after talking with the sales people, they agreed there must be some hardware error.

The new one is doing the same thing, and not always with the same program(s) running.

Now I'm having an issue with "System Preferences" windows giving me errors. The iCloud and Internet Accounts panes will open briefly, and then says that there is an error. Mail will not load at all. Pulling my hair out. 😕

Freezing or AMD Radeon R9 M370X problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.