Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I start my Macbook Pro I get a grey loading page under an Apple Logo, The computer seems to working alright but I don't know why its doing this.

The computer on start up has recently started to open with a grey page and a moving bar under an Apple sign. Eeything seems to work fine but I am a little bit worried about this. Does anyone know why this is happening?

I have had the Laptop a while but my children have had it for years and have just returned it to me with this problem.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 2:41 PM

4 replies

Aug 27, 2015 7:52 PM in response to Kappy

Kappy is correct, as long as its progress is in the right-hand part of the progress bar, it is a trivial new feature and nothing to worry about.

A progress bar that starts at the left hand end, and continues for about five minutes, is something different. This indicates your Boot drive would not mount and is being repaired. It never progresses beyond about the left third before Mac OS comes up normally, or you get an error indication.

When I start my Macbook Pro I get a grey loading page under an Apple Logo, The computer seems to working alright but I don't know why its doing this.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.