Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a iPad Air dock that syncs and charges independently?

I have a stereo system with a usb connector that will allow me to play music stored on my Apple iOS iPhone or iPod Touch while charging the battery on these devices. (They need 5 watts of power.) The stereo connector does not provide the 10 watts of power needed to recharge the newer iPad models.

I have been trying to find a dock that will allow me to connect an iPad to the stereo's USB port to play music, but that will also connect to a separate power source so I can charge my iPad at the same time. (I'm not sure this is even possible because the iPad Air only has the single lightening connector input.)

Is there dock that will provide both functions simultaneously, or is my only option to connect to the stereo for up to 10 hours on a battery charge, and then connect the device to a power source to recharge it?

iPad, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 1:18 PM

2 replies

Is there a iPad Air dock that syncs and charges independently?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.