Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPod6 has old Apple ID, but iTunes has latest ID

I just got my new iPod6 today and plugged it in.

iTunes had no problem finding the device, installing the latest software etc. I can create playlists and sync.

However, the new iPod has my old Apple ID in it. Everytime iCloud or iTunes comes up on my iPod, it shows the old ID and asks for my password. I have no idea what it is.

iTunes has my latest Apple ID. Why didn't this get synced? But more importantly how do I get my new ID on my new iPod?

Thanks,

ALC

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 3:20 PM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 3:46 PM in response to ALC-skier

You need to do

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

And then change the ID

The ID is used in the following locations and you have to change them.

Settings>Messages>Send and Receive

Settings>FaceTime

Settings>GameCenter

Settings>iCloud

and Settings>iTunes and App store

You have to sign out of ID (for iCloud you delete the iCloud account from the iPod) and sign in with other ID.

Note the following are resolved if you use Family Sharing (iOS 8 and later):

- Apps are locked to the account that purchased them.

- To update apps you have to sign into the account that purchased the apps. If you have apps that need updating purchased from more than one account you have to update them one at a time until the remaining apps were purchased from one account.

If the iPod has iOS 7 or later then you have the enter the password for Apple ID presently sign in Settings>iCloud.

Also, a Restriction can be set (Settings>General>Restrictions) the prevents changing accounts

Aug 27, 2015 5:57 PM in response to lllaass

From the settings --> iCloud menu, there is no way to change the Apple ID for iCloud (the other things , yes). I tap iCloud and a pop-up displays asking me to enter the password for "this-is-your-old-apple-id@driving-me-crazy.com". But no way to backspace over the ID and type in the updated one.

And for some annoying reason, I can't play music without it wanting me to sign in to iCloud.

Any insight is very much appreciated.

New iPod6 has old Apple ID, but iTunes has latest ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.