Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased music won't authorize/play

And now, the Apple Support person who said he was going to call me, didn't. He won't return my emails. I'm out a couple of hundred dollars of purchased music I was able to play until recently.

I've authorized, unauthorized … sent in every computer serial number I used to purchase music and the music gets stuck in a loop that asks me to authorize something that's already authorized. This is obviously an Apple CRM nightmare that iTunes simply refuses to fix.

I also have hours of my valuable time gone dealing with Apple's mess. I really need help and Apple is turning a blind eye.

Why would I ever buy any music from iTunes again? I've never had this issue with Amazon or CD Baby.

Can someone help me, or will I just get ignored.

Mac mini (Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 3:00 PM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 3:02 PM in response to MzLortta

I've since even hired a Mac genius to help me. We see that the "get info" shows I own the music .... purchased it with the same apple ID I've had for 12 years.

All solutions I've been given offer me nothing. This is tragic and unethical on the part of Apple. This problem is now close to one year old ... with no resolution.

I'm not giving up.

Purchased music won't authorize/play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.