Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't drag and drop playlists from my iPad

I recently got the new macbook, and have started to encounter a problem in iTunes. When I plugged my iPad into it to sync my music, I saw that there were some old playlists on it that I wanted to save. Some of the songs in the playlist are only on my iPad, since I lost a lot of my music last summer. So I tried dragging the playlist to one of my current ones, and when it didn't work, I tried to drag and drop the individual songs. It wasn't even that it would start to drag and then not deposit into another playlist, but it wouldn't even respond to my clicking and dragging. Then, I tried to create a new playlist and add the song to that. But, there was still no response.

I can easily drag and drop music that is already on my mac into the playlist, but the playlist I am trying to move seem incapable. If I select that I want to sync my music from my iPad, I get a notification that I will lose all my music that hasn't been transferred to my mac. As I said, this music isn't anywhere else, and I don't want to have to purchase all the songs if there's another option.

I'm not sure if there is even a way to fix this, but if you know a way, please let me know.

I am running iTunes 12.2.2 and have OS 10.10.5.

Thanks so much!

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 2:46 PM

There are no replies.

Can't drag and drop playlists from my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.