Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

export my MASTER MOV with 2.0 channel instead of 5.1

First time this happened to me in FCPX, but I've been using my atomos Shogun recorder with my A7s camera. The file is brought in as 5.1 audio channels, I simply unselect the components I don't need in the inspector.

Now, when I'm exporting the final video, it is making the video 5.1 instead of 2.0 and I don't see a way to change that! I simply want a mixdown final MOV with the normal 48k L/R audio. What can I do tell FCPX to do?? PLEASE HELP!

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), FCPX 10.3

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 2:48 PM

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 3:11 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Oh Man, this did the trick! I can't understand why now of all times FCPX would switch the project to 5.1 from stereo without my consent? I've had the same setup and audio file structure for about 4 projects now it decides to do this? Is this some random thing?

when the audio meters show the 5.1 tracks, does that reflect the output of the project or is this unrelated? Thanks again.

export my MASTER MOV with 2.0 channel instead of 5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.