Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot get emails

I keep getting the message on some of my emails "cannot get emails, connection to the server failed". Why am I getting this message? Are the settings incorrect on my iPad for these emails, or is it my service provider that is the problem?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, I have Windows 10 64 bit

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 4:26 PM

2 replies

Aug 27, 2015 5:27 PM in response to Clorey71

Could be either, could be both.

Try a few things

Force quit your mail app. Double tap the home button. When you see the preview for the mail app, flick it up and off the screen to close the app. Then tap on the home page preview to exit the mode. Try to get your mail again.

If it persists you can try to delete and then readd your mail info. go into the settings, mail, contacts and calendars. Delete your mail from the iPad, exit out, go back in and re-enter the info then try to download your mail.

It may also be something you just need to wait for your mail provider to fix. I know my Yahoo occasionally messes up for a few hours/overnight, then fixes itself (When yahoo messes with the server your mail is on, you'll have issues until they stop messing with it)

cannot get emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.