Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem background ad just with CNN page. Help?

When I go to www.cnn.com with Safari a moment after the page loads a Dish add fills the background (all around the edges and sides of the page) and then although I can see the CNN news posts nothing on that page responds. I have to (and can) back out of the page (after clicking a couple times). Everything else on Safari seems to be working fine, and I can even go to the CNN international edition and it works fine. But whenever I go to the straight up www.cnn.com page I get this other thing. I tried clearing today's history, cookies and website data (the problem is only a few hours old) but that didn't help. Nor did restarting the computer.

Ideas?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), Yosemite 10.10.5

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 5:01 PM

Do you have Adblock Plus installed?

5 replies

Aug 27, 2015 5:25 PM in response to rciampa

I do, yes. The reason I asked was because I wasn't sure if it was something Adblock Plus couldn't catch. I have it installed, and when I went to the CNN website just now, I didn't see the ad you described seeing when you went there yourself. I recommend that extension to everyone, whether they use Safari, Firefox, or Chrome.

Once you install it, go back to CNN and see if that ad is there. If it's not, voila — problem solved! 🙂

Problem background ad just with CNN page. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.