Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I opened an email attachment which I think was dodgy and since then I've had to put my password in for sites and apps which I didn't have to before. Would this be anything to do with the email or is it IOS security blocking any malware or Trojan?

I opened an email attachment which I think was dodgy and since then I've had to put my password in for sites and apps which I didn't have to before. Would this be anything to do with the email or is it IOS security blocking any malware or Trojan?

iPad Mini, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2015 5:23 PM

LIkely a phishing attack, no virus or trojan. I suggest clearing your History and Data for Safari. Settings, Safari, Clear History.....

3 replies

Aug 27, 2015 5:32 PM in response to elcpu

Thank you for your advice.i was concerned because it appeared to be an email from myself to me,so I thought I'd sent something by mistake.It was something like xls and I clicked on it but the attachment appeared blank apart from 3 small boxes at top of page.

i Got a bit panicky when I had to keep logging in passwords for everything.Thanks for your reply.

Aug 27, 2015 5:39 PM in response to jefffromnewcastle-u-lyme

I cannot tell you with any certainty what you encountered but unless your iPad has been jailbroken iOS cannot catch any virus or trojan. Not to be concerned in that regard. However certain sites will try to get you to enter personal data (phishing) and if you did provide such data then the crooks have it. If all you did is click on something then no, you would have had to enter the info yourself. The concern I have is that you first mentioned that you did enter some passwords. I would change those to be safe. Good luck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.